Every step that I take is another mistake to you...

There was always this one girl in school, the one that questioned everything. Authority, God, her peers, herself. She annoyed the hell out of me. Just when I was content, found peace in my own little circle of belief, she stirred it. She brought up something that shook the foundations of what I'd built my life around, threatened to make me re-think things. I quickly pushed away any doubt I had that would be made known through her questions, and I had people who would challenge her..I was thankful at the time, and I'm sure that is what she wanted. She was sick of watching fakeness unveil.

I was thinking about her today, and my thoughts naturally went to myself. I am now that girl. I want to question everything. I want to challenge people on their own little comfortable happy fake worlds. I want to be different. Even my friends seem to think that I am to caught up with this, but it just makes me mad at how fast I was to accept this idea without questioning it. In no way do I want to disturb anyones peace of mind. Believe whatever you want to believe in. I respect that. But myself, I will continue to question things, no matter who I talk to.

I am now grateful for that girl who stirred up these ideas. It took awhile, but it happened.

1 comment:

charlotte said...

haha of course when you talk with a british accent he gives a shout out. i did it at the movies the other night and you should have saw this girl's face..it was hilarious!!!